Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fork in a mug.

So, I'm out of History 3740 and into... Directing II! (Don't ask, long story.) It looks like my project for this semester will be directing Sam Shepard's Fool for Love, which is super gritty and depressing and kind of effed up. Also, the language is kind of crass.

I'm hoping that I can find an actress here who will be willing to say "pussy" because I am morally opposed to censorship.

Also, Alex and I have been working on our scenes for KCACTF and they're going SUPER WELL! I'm so glad they let me have him as a scene partner again! I love working with him because he's super trustworthy and also incredibly talented. (In case you can't tell, I'm definitely on Team Gubler.)

I think we have a pretty good chance of at least making it to secondary rounds. Our first scene is already so freakin' kick-ace, I can't even take it. I'm like near tears every time we run it.

In other news, I think things are okay with Spencer. (I guess Grandma Judy chewed him out on my behalf and that makes me feel nice. Thanks, Judy.) There has been some communication drama over Anything Goes already and, I have to say, I'm kinda glad that I wasn't cast. I have a feeling that the technical/logistical aspect of this show could get ugly real fast, and if that should happen I'd like to know as little about it as possible.

I have my third private acting lesson tomorrow, and also I'm rehearsing with Alex, and then I have a math review and then I think Spencer and I are going to see The King's Speech. Which I am very excited about!

Anyway, that's all for now. Huzzah.

3 comments:

  1. oh my darling.
    i was in a scene of Fool For Love and fell in love with it.
    i don't know what that says about me.

    i wish i went to dixie so i could see all these fun things you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I hadn't have left, you could have used me.
    I tend to be quite crass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie: If you're not doing anything when we perform these, you should come down! If not, I will tape it for you. :)

    Alexa: And you would have been perfect, really. Damn you.

    ReplyDelete