Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Combos + Diet Coke

Tonight I am working on memorizing A - C in the periodic table of the elements (complete with symbols). So far, I've used the symbols to create three pretty snazzy mnemonic devices:

A's - Cute Girls Lose Many Red Shorts Through Usurpation
(Ac, Ag, Al, Am, Ar, As, At, Au)

B's - Brad Always Eats His Icees Killer-Rapidly
(B, Ba, Be, Bh, Bi, Bk, Br)

C's - Carefully Avoid Deviled Eggs Furnished Lovingly; Moreover, Negate Omelets Royally Served Up
(C, Ca, Cd, Ce, Cf, Cl, Cm, Cn, Co, Cr, Cs, Cu)

Clearly, I am already a master of chemistry.

Over the past couple of days, I have been dealing with some Things, and unfortunately they're not exactly of the "pleasant" variety. The first is the issue of Mike, with whom I cannot bring myself to discuss our... uh... impasse? Mostly because I hate talking about my feelings (I always cry). But also because I don't know how to begin to describe my perspective of our friendship.

Also because, every once in a while, his mom texts me to tell me that I need to be his friend. His mom is a sweetheart. But I'm kind of like, "Uh, okay, you have one side of the story and it isn't mine." And also, "I'm taking 20 credits this semester so I don't really have the time to try and deal with this right now." And also, "I'm prepping for a mission and can't afford to be emotionally/spiritually drained all the time."

Visual metaphor:

(Figure 1: Note the finite amount of water in bucket H and compare to bucket M's difficulty retaining liquid.)

How am I supposed to solve this problem? I can't.
How am I supposed to put an end to this problem? Heaven only knows.

Initially, Spencer recommended writing a letter, because I'm much better at expressing myself through the written word. But now that his mom has texted me I feel as though I need some kind of professional advice. Too bad I don't have a therapist on call. It would make my life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment