Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday.

Today I woke up late, so I went to church with my Mom and Dad. I looked rather like a hoodlum, but it worked out okay because the three of us sat in the back, by a bunch of families that have really young kids, so I didn't have to worry about seeing anyone I'd had mutual with or anything.

It was fast and testimony meeting, and as Bishop Salmon was conducting, he had the opportunity to bear his testimony first. I don't remember what he said, exactly, but I really felt the Spirit in my heart, and for the first time since I made the decision to serve a mission, I was totally overwhelmed with a feeling of love and gratitude. It was like a voice in my head was saying, "I am so proud of you. You made the right choice."

Shortly after Bishop Salmon's testimony, another man got up and talked about the fact that he and his wife had had a very rough year, and as a result of that they had missed a lot of church. He then proceeded to explain all of the ways in which not going to church had impacted his life - and none of them were positive.

I felt as though his testimony was a message to me, individually. If I'm going on a mission, I need to go to church every Sunday and stay for all three hours. That's the truth, plain and simple. And now that I've got Bro. Mike's witness of the power regular attendance has to uplift and inspire, I feel as though it would be super disrespectful not to follow through.

Anyway.

I'm in the process of writing my research paper for Nothingness, and it's got me kind of freaked out. I haven't been required to write a research paper in a little over a year. I don't even know where to begin anymore!

Mrs. Madsen would be so displeased. :(
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. plus when you go in for your interview, one of the questions is "do you attend church every sunday and are you dedicated to attending all three meetings." also make sure you are a full tithe payer. that one is super important too.

    ReplyDelete