Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Safe.

Well, we got up this morning to discover about a foot of snow covering the entire car. I tried to clean as much of it off as possible, mostly using towels and garbage cans from the hotel room. Once I could see out the windshield, we drove over to the hotel's restaurant, the Garden of Eat'N, for our free breakfast. Our waitress's name tag said PAT #4. She was very cranky.

Once we got our breakfast, the power went out. We ate in the dark and listened to Pat #4 talk about how terrible the weather was supposed to be. She claimed there was no safety until Hurricane. I think Grannette almost peed her pants she was so nervous.

The roads were really bad from Fillmore until just a bit before Beaver, when the blizzard turned into rainfall and all of the ice on the road seemed to melt. From then on, things were no big deal.

Today was Phib's birthday, and we were able to make it home by 10:30 so I felt okay about everything.

Tomorrow night I have an appointment with President Meyers to discuss my staying in the Buena Vista YSA, as well as getting things in order so that I can start on mission stuff. Bishop Pete says once my records are back in the ward, I can start attending a temple prep class, which I am totally stoke about!

Anyway, it's definitely been a long day. I'm gonna call it a night.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment