Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Goat eating snow.

Crazy couple of days, best expressed via timeline:

December 18:
11 pm -12 am: work

December 19:
12 am - 7:40 am: work
7:47 am: home from work, rush to shower.
8 am: out of shower and dressed (due at church for choir rehearsal, but not there)
8:12 am: arrive at church, rehearse with Koby and Karli, then with choir
9 am: sacrament meeting
10:25 am: home from sacrament meeting
10:30 am: mom and I discuss the possibility of me taking a bus up to Logan to get Grandma (who has macular degeneration and can't drive in snow or rain)
10:45 - noon: investigate possibilities, decide Zoe, Phib and I will drive up and leave my car there
Noon - 12:30 pm: attempt at napping
12:30 pm: leave for Spencer and Karli's grandma's sacrament meeting
1:40 pm: leave sacrament meeting
2 pm: get gas, check fluids, put air in tires
3 pm: leave for Grandma's house
5 pm: stop one, Beaver
7 pm: stop two, Nephi
9 pm: stop three, Spencer's house in North Ogden
10:30 pm: arrive at Grandma's house
10:50 pm: I pass out, having been awake for twenty-four hours straight

The weather was really good until we hit Salt Lake, when there was a crapload of rain and my windshield wipers are pretty shizzy so I got super tense and stressed out. Adding that into the fact that the freeway is a DANGEROUS PIECE OF POORLY MAINTAINED ASPHALT THAT CUTS TIRES AND SENDS PEOPLE'S CARS FLYING INTO THE AIR, I ended up with white knuckles and a massive headache.

Anyway, we're leaving for St. George here pretty soon. This time I will have Grandma's four-wheel drive and fully functional wipers, AND I've had ten hours of sleep, so this should be infinitely more enjoyable.
UPDATE:
Well, we stopped in Fillmore and got a hotel room because the weather was so bad. Phib is kinda bummed because it's her birthday tomorrow and she doesn't want to be in the car for any of it. But we'll be home in like two hours so it won't be too big a deal.
The roads started to get really bad just after Provo, but we slid on ice changing lanes near Nephi and when the snow and slush and fog kept getting worse we knew it'd be best to pull over. I don't have much winter driving experience, and once it got dark I knew we'd made the right decision.
Life. Haha.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment