Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Free!

Well, I am done with finals and therefore done with this semester. I got an A in Directing I and in Nothingness, and a B+ in Acting III (which was generous of them, in my opinion) but I haven't checked back for Stage Crafts because I'm a little scared.

Anyway, after my Stage Crafts final on Friday, I popped into Michael's office to say hi and we ended up having a really good chat. He's a great guy. I haven't felt that much peace in a very long time.

I'm trying (again) to find another job because this one is slowly killing me. I think I may apply at the writing center on campus, and even though that would be a huge pay cut, I could downgrade my phone service or whatever and still be totally okay. I don't really need a Droid. I don't really need Facebook. And if I'm going to have to pay an early-termination fee when I go on my mission, I'd better start saving now. And I can always donate plasma if times get tough.

If I got hired at the writing center, I could work 18 hours a week, and at their initial pay rate I'd be making enough to pay for my phone, my car, and any other recreational expenses that may arise.

I'm thinking this is a good idea.

Anyway. Crystal got home today! I'm so happy I could die, it was SO GOOD to see her! And tomorrow Karli and I sing in church. We were supposed to rehearse again with Koby today but he was kind of a flake and it kind of made me and Karli frustrated because we were both trying to make plans and we've both got family members with medical issues (she and Spencer's grandpa, Mack, has been in the ER -- my Mom just got out of surgery). But hopefully everything will turn out alright.

Still trying to find Irene Ryan material for Alex and me. If anyone out there has a suggestion, I'm more than willing to listen. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aaaand no one had shown a serious interest in buying my apartment contract... do you think I could take your hotel job?
    eh? eh??
    And that means I'd stay, and we can play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I would recommend you in a heartbeat. When you get back from LA come pick up an application.

    ReplyDelete