Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yeah, okay.

Today was interesting. I woke up late, but made it to Nothingness (in sweats, sans makeup) on time. We watched a video about the composer John Cage (who may be either a genius or a hack -- I can't decide for certain) and Spencer and I wrote inappropriate notes to one another throughout the duration of the lecture.

After that, he and I grabbed lunch at Jimmy Johns. Then I went to acting III, and, after that, to Tuacahn to help Jan coach some kids for Shakespeare competition. I had a blast, and am definitely going back tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately, while I was watching the ensemble scene, Andy came in and said that two kids at Snow Canyon had been hit by lightening. Shortly thereafter, we learned that one of the kids who'd been struck was Dane Zdunich, whose sister, Kendle, goes to Tuacahn. I don't know who the other kid was, but if you pray, I'd recommend praying for those guys.

The show went pretty well tonight, except for one thing. Just after act II, Kristina came off stage and collapsed -- I guess because the lights had set off her migraine -- so Christa went on as Elvira for act III. We were able to track down Michael so that he could get Kristina home, which was really good because I don't think she'd have done well lying in the hallway. Christa was really nervous about going on, but she did an excellent job for having such little warning.

Susan Garner and her husband came to see Spencer and I, which made me really happy. I love Susan, she's one of the most fascinating and hilarious people I've ever met. And she was such a sweetheart to us -- she told us both that we were incredibly talented, and then she told me that I had a really tremendous range, which I consider to be a huge compliment. Susan isn't the kind of person to blow sunshine up your skirt.

Anyway, I'm at work right now. The first hour went by pretty quickly because the new bellman, Nick, stayed and chatted with me. He's a nice kid. I've been texting Melissa since about 2:00 AM, which has been nice because it gives me a reason to stay awake. I have a feeling I'm going to be having a serious problem staying awake in stage crafts tomorrow.

I have an academic advisement meeting with Hanna tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous I missed something somewhere and I may not be able to graduate. Not that that would be the end of the world... it would just go against all my plans. Which would be the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment