Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wednesday, Schmednesday.

Sometimes at work I have to snack to stay awake. Tonight, I made the unfortunate mistake of buying Bugles. I don't know that my stomach will forgive me...

School has been pretty good this week. I made it to stage crafts on Monday (for the first time in a week -- yay, health!). In directing, we got our opera assignments, and I'm really excited because I got the track I wanted most of all. It's this jaunty baritone thing, and I cannot wait to stage my concept. It's nuts -- Spencer begged to be my actor, and I know he's gonna do a great job. I think it'll be hilarious, and I will definitely try to post pictures or video or something.

Also, the cast list for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof went up. What I know is as follows:

Brick - Alex
Maggie - Belinda
Gooper - Bryant
Mae - Michelle
Big Daddy - Dad (Lane as u/s)
Big Mama - Mom (Grace as u/s)
Reverend - AJ
Doctor - Bill

First of all, let me just say that I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALEX! He really is so talented, and he's such as sweetheart. I know this is going to be a super amazing experience for him, and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table. I am also so proud of and excited for my cute little friends, Belinda and Michelle. They are such hard workers, and such lovely ladies.

In other news, this weekend is Halloween! I'm gonna try to go to The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Friday night (it's kind of a Hannah & Spencer tradition now). Michael and Kristina are coming over to hang out and play Scrabble at around 9 PM on Saturday, and I think I'm going to the Howl with some people from school... but I'm not positive. We talked about it once or twice, but nobody's brought it up since. So I guess I'll figure it out.

In my free time, I've been trying to find potential Irene Ryan scenes. So far I've come across a couple of good things. There are scenes in Neil LaBute's Fat Pig (even though Helen really annoys me as a character), Chekhov's Ivanov (though I need to find a better translation) and Donald Margulies' Time Stands Still. I totally ruled out The Heidi Chronicles, because the male characters are way more interesting and dynamic than the female characters, as well as Oleanna because I don't think I'll be able to find a male scene partner who looks old enough to be a professor. I still need to re-read the Restoration plays we studied in theatre history & lit II -- people keep telling me that I should look at scripts written in elevated language, so I figured The Rivals would be a good bet. Slash it's a huge stylistic contrast to any modern piece I might choose.

I still have no idea what to do for a monologue.

Anyway, I have to gather my acting III monologues again becacuse, apparently, I didn't turn them in (which is code for "Dad lost them"). Joy of joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment